Study in Canada
Studying in Canada: A Pathway to Canadian Permanent Residence
One of the routes to gain permanent residence status in Canada is through education.
International students can choose from a variety of programs whereby they may later apply for permanent immigration. In certain programs application can also be done without first obtaining a job offer from a Canadian employer.
There are also a number off other benefits that international students in Canada can enjoy. Like:
- Work for up to 20 hours per week while school is in session, and on a full-time basis during breaks.
- On successful completion of the program, students can obtain a post-graduation work permit for the equivalent duration of the course. This allows the students to remain in Canada for many years before becoming permanent residents.
- Bring a common-law partner or an accompanying spouse to Canada on an open full-time work permit. This allows him or her to work in Canada for any employer.
- Bring accompanying minor children to study in Canada at the same rate that Canadians pay.
- Become eligible for permanent residence in Canada through either of the following:
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec’s Immigration System
- Express Entry Immigration Selection System